Atootbandhan.com, atootbandhan pariwar aims to provide you with a safe & secure environment in which you search and find your life partner happily. Atootbandhan parivar also have strict abuse-prevention and reporting systems for those that do get through our screening systems.
However, there are very limited actions that are within our control to ensure your safety and privacy. Therefore, it is necessary for you to exercise some simple precautions for your privacy & for a safe and secure experience.
There are some simple guidelines framed by us for YOU can follow to protect your privacy.
1. Keep Yourself Anonymous
Our system of anonymous contacting (sending invitation to connect, accepting/declining), are in place to ensure that your identity is protected until YOU decide to reveal it.
· Always keep in mind that you are in control of your online experience at all times. You can decide privacy by setting them in accordance to your preferences.
· Refrain yourself from giving your personal information like contacts, name, email address, home address, telephone numbers, place of work or any other identifying information in your initial messages.
· Don't share your contact information until you are not satisfied or your personal opinion that person on the other side is trust worthy or not. It's okay to take your time.
2. Being Slowly - Use emails initially
Primarily set up a separate email account for communication. Trust your instincts and just by sharing your email address and communicate entirely through email.
· Always notice the odd behavior or inconsistencies. Serious prospects will respect your choice and will allow you to take your time.
· Take a friend’s general opinion of the person by making them read the communications - an unbiased observer can spot warning signs that you might have missed or overlooked.
· End all communications with any person who pressurizes you for personal information or attempts any other ways for tricking you into revealing it.
· Never use your signature lines in your emails that include your phone numbers and addresses.
· Don't use your regular or official email id for communicating with a person you don't know well.
3. Request for a photo
A photo will give you a good idea of the person's appearance, which may prove helpful in reaching any opinion.
· Request for a recent photo.
· In fact, it's best to view several images of someone in various settings: casual, formal, indoor and outdoor or by telling them to click a picture with the recent date or any word of your choice on a paper. If all you hear are excuses about why you can't see a photo, consider that he or she has something to hide.
4. Chat on the phone/mail.
A phone call can reveal much about a person's communication and social skills. Don’t share your personal phone number to any stranger, considering your security until you completely trust them.
· Only furnish your phone number when you feel safe, comfortable and have some background information on the other person.
· If someone gives you a phone number with a strange area code, check it out to make sure it's not a charge number before you make the call.
5. Meet when YOU are ready
The beauty of meeting online is that you can gradually collect some information and later choose whether to pursue the relationship in the offline world or not. You are never obligated to meet anyone. Cruise at your own pace!
· Remember that you are in control when it comes to taking an online relationship offline.
· Even if you decide to arrange a meeting, you always have the right to change your mind. It's possible that your decision to keep the relationship at the anonymous level is based on a gut feeling that you can't logically explain. Trust yourself. Go with your instincts.
6. Meet at a safe and public place which are well known for you.
When you choose to meet offline it is a good idea to try and include either or both of your families. But if you trust the person enough to meet alone always tell a friend or your family where you are going and when you will return and also place well known for you.
· When you decide to meet face to face with someone for the first time, choose a public place (such as a restaurant / cafe) at a time when many people are around and ensure your own transportation to and fro.
· For the first meeting it is always good not to meet the other person alone. Take a friend or relative along and ask him/her to do the same.
· In case you have taken the decision to meet him/her alone leave the name, address and telephone number of the person you are going to meet with your friend or family member. Take a cellular phone along with you.
· You might consider sharing your location with any person from your family or a friend until you return.
· Never let your prospective match to pick you up or drop you at home.
· Do not go to a secluded place or a movie alone in the first meeting itself.
7. Always Look for warning signs
When you choose to meet offline it is a great idea to try and include either or both of your families. But if you trust the person enough to meet alone always tell a friend or your family where you are going and when you will return.
· Ask a lot of questions and watch for inconsistencies. This will help you detect liars & cons, and it will also help you find out if you're compatible.
· Pay heed to display of anger, intense frustration or attempts to pressure or controlling nature. If the person is acting in a resentful manner, making demeaning or disrespectful comments, or any physically inappropriate behavior. All these are warning signs and red flags.
· Always involve your family or your close friends in your search for a life partner and do not take a decision unilaterally considering you might overlook some red flags.
· Don't ignore the following behavior specially if it is without an acceptable explanation:
· Provides inconsistent information about age, interests, appearance, marital status, profession, employment, etc.
· Fails to provide direct answers to direct questions
· Appears significantly different in person from his or her online persona
· Never introduces you to friends, professional associates or family members
8. Beware of money scams
Watch out for money scams. There are just too many con artists and scam artists around the world, and they are everywhere.
· Be wary of those who try to ask money from you for what so ever reasons. It would be safer for you to cut off the communication. Always remember a genuine person will never ask you for money in any circumstances. If someone asks you for money, use your common sense and never give in to any such requests.
· In case someone asks you for money report this situation to us.
· Take all the time you need to decide on a trustworthy person and pay careful attention along the way. Be responsible and vigilant about romantic advances, and don't fall for people who shower love and affection at the first instance and disappear later. Don't become prematurely close to someone, even if that intimacy only occurs online.
· Using your own best judgment is your interest because ultimately you are responsible for your personal experience. Trust your instincts and then move ahead with the right person.
· If you have an unpleasant experience with any prospect match, you can always report it to the authorities.
9. Grievance Redressal
In case of any concern regarding a possible misuse, you may follow the below mentioned steps to register a complaint:
· Go to the concerned profile and report misuse against the profile
· The complaint would be acted upon by our Safety Desk
· An email would be sent to your registered email address about the receipt of the complaint and the action taken
· You can then always use the Ticket ID and reach out to our grievance officer by writing to ……………………. (mail id for help) in for any escalations.
10. Atootbandhan.com assists Ghaziabad Police / Statutory Investigation Agency
Atootbandhan.com will endeavor to provide all possible assistance to the Ghaziabad Police (Cyber Crime Investigation Cell) or any other statutory investigation agency to tackle fraudulent users of Atootbandhan.com, on being specifically instructed by the said authorities to do so.
To report fraud or misuse, write to us giving full details of your case.